Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Fear only has as much power as we give it space" Josh Ritter

So I don't know about you but sometimes in life we need to breathe. Review our goals and make sure we are on the path we intentionally started on. Life has a tendency to veer us off course between kids, work, loss and hobbies, we can become lost. Being that my life has consisted of all of those mentioned above I decided to explore Yoga. I needed to regroup mentally and physically, needless to say I really had no idea what it entailed other than maybe a tree pose and some nice music. Ummm... not so much! I signed up for a 2 1/2 hour beginner workshop and after it was over I was exhausted. I sweated more than I would like to mention, my body screamed rejection at the poses I forced on it but surprisingly I felt exhilerated.
 I decided to sign up, not sure what I was thinking at this point because I could barely lift the pen to sign my name but never the less I did 30 days for $30. Not a bad deal and ventured to my second class last night. Just the two times I have gone I already have a new energy, my life seems a little calmer and I am breathing. Maybe only an hour and fifteen minutes a day is all I can afford myself for some personal time but it by far the most quality alone time I have spent with just me. I am hoping over the next few weeks I will find my path again, clear my mind of everything I don't need--the junk, clutter, hang-up's and hurts--and in with the fresh, fantastic, unencumbered life I have always wanted.
I wish that peace on all of you...Happy Wednesday
Elizabeth Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. When I was 14 I used to dog-sit for this lady in exchange for attending her yoga classes. It was a wonderful experience and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete